Step 1 – Develop Your Plan
We have created this step-by-step guide to help you promote prayer as an event or as a month-long emphasis culminating with your National Day of Prayer event. Either way, we have tools and resources available to assist you in the process.
- You will need to appoint a coordinator to head with planning and promotion. We can help them along the way, so you may want to encourage them to sign-up on this website.
- Then, assemble a prayer team to support the event or emphasis with prayer. Together, create a calendar and determine the dates, as well as the times and locations. If you are looking for ideas, we have some helpful suggestions on our event ideas page.
Step 2 – Begin Promotion
Sunday morning at local churches is your best promotion time. Posters, bulletin or program covers, bulletin inserts, a PowerPoint slide, graphics, and announcement copy are available through our web shop or for download. We’ve left space so that they can customize with their church’s information.
Your promotional plan could look something like this:
Six Weeks Prior to the Prayer Event
- Create a list of helpful resources available at nationaldayofprayer.net
- Order your resources
Four Weeks Prior to Event
- Download and use our promotion tools (banner ads and videos) to help build online awareness
- Promote on your website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Download our PowerPoint Presentation on the National Day of Prayer. Be sure to download these talking points to complement your presentation outline.
- Put up posters in highly visible areas. Multiple posters are recommended as it will create a greater visible impact
- Promote onscreen before and after services
- Announce event/emphasis/class from the pulpit
- Have a display or table available with flyers, prayer guides and book marks, and sign-up sheets for classes
Three Weeks Prior to Event
- The same as prior week, but this week insert the flyers/bulletin inserts into your regular Sunday bulletins.
- Be sure to go to the National Day of Prayer Shop and find your Outdoor “Spread the Word” Kit or purchase individually:
Two Weeks Prior to Event
- Keep up the promotions and be sure to download our P.R.A.Y. curriculum to help jump start your prayer group. You can also download the youth group guides. Together we can fan the flame of the prayer movement.
One Week Prior to Event
- The same as prior week, but this week insert the bulletin inserts into your Sunday bulletins once again, and make a final call to attend/sign up from the pulpit. Also, be sure to list your event on the Event Finder. Thousands of people may be searching for prayer gatherings in your area so don’t miss the opportunity to let others know what is happening at your church.
Step 3 – Host Your Event
Communicate directly with your congregation by email/Facebook to remind them one or two days prior to the event/class taking place. Hold event (such as the National Day of Prayer) or finish your month long emphasis. Gather feedback and testimonies that can then be shared with the congregation to encourage them forward in prayer.