How to Pray for America to Love One Another
1. Pray for America to love one another
“Love one another. Just as I have loved you,” John 13:34
- Jesus tells us to love one another just like He loves us. This includes every person in America as well as every person in the world.
- Jesus wants us to love every person sacrificially, willfully, and unconditionally because this is the same way He loves us.
- Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to empower us to do the things that only God can do through us. Therefore, call upon God to move in our nation miraculously, replacing hate with love, division with unity, and criticism of one another with love for one another.
2. Pray for the church in America to Love One Another
“By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35
- Jesus is telling His disciples, His church, that the distinctive mark that sets us apart from everyone else is only one thing: Love for one another.
- Appeal to God to convict each of us as His church to turn from the way we are treating one another and turn to loving one another. If we are an unloving and divided church, we forfeit the right to call an unloving and divided nation to love and to unity.
- Call upon God for the 300,000+ churches in America to love one another and to cooperate together when possible for the greater purpose of praying for America.
3. Pray for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to love one another
“Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
- When we belong to Jesus, we belong to love; therefore, call upon God for the families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to know that love is always God’s way.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to God, who is love, so they can experience the transforming power of love.
- Ask God for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities to begin to choose love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity, and a future together tranformed by the power of unconditional love.
- Ask God to raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
4. Pray for all ethnicities and people in America to love one another
“Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” 1 Corinthians 13:6-8
- Since God’s love is built on God’s truth and we are made in the image of God, all humans are of one race; therefore, loving one another is not optional because love never ends.
- Call upon God to bring us back to the cross of Jesus Christ, where His unconditional, powerful love has torn down all the walls that divide us and opened up a new pathway for us to love one another.
- Ask God to give us the power to repent of anything in our past and choose a new future together where love will not just bind up our nation’s wounds, but this transforming love will lead to the day when justice will roll down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.
5. Pray we will love God and each other so much that we will agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next great spiritual awakening in America
“Besides this, since you know the time, it is already the hour for you to wake up from sleep, because now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.” Romans 13:11
- Knowing we are living in a significant moment in history, now is the time for each follower of Christ to wake up in our spiritual lives, knowing our greatest need and hope in America is the next Great Spiritual Awakening.
- Convict the church in America to wake up spiritually, agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next Great Spiritual Awakening to occur in our generation.
- Call upon the Sovereign God of Heaven to shape the future of America mightily through the next Great Spiritual Awakening, just as He did in history through past Great Spiritual Awakenings.
How to pray our 2019 theme, love one another, into the seven centers of influence in america
- Federal: executive, legislative, judicial
- State: executive, legislative, judicial
- Local: executive, legislative, judicial, police, fire, first responders
Pray for these leaders and civil servants to Love One Another by valuing one another, respecting one another, and working together for the greater good of our nation.
- Courageous and wise leaders
- God’s protection
- Continual dependence on God
Pray for all military leaders and personnel to Love One Another because love is a powerful force when unity is critical to victory.
- Communicators of truth
- Sharing inspirational stories
- Respecting others
Pray for all persons who are working in media and arts to Love One Another by respecting all persons and sharing inspirational stories that illustrate the power of love.
- Leaders of honesty and integrity
- Creators of economic blessing
- Helpers and givers to local community
Pray for business leaders to comprehend their great opportunity to create powerful, effective, and productive teams and businesses that win when they Love One Another.
- Highly values truth
- Expects excellence
- Prepares students to win
Pray for administrators, teachers, and faculty teams who will Love One Another so they can create a culture of love and respect for every student. Pray for students to rise up together, loving one another and making a difference in the future of America.
- Biblically-based, Christ-centered
- Holy Spirit-empowered
- Great Commission-driven
Pray for pastors and churches to model and exemplify Jesus’ words, Love One Another, to a world that needs the love of Christ desperately. Raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
- Follow the Bible
- Practice forgiveness
- Love One Another
Pray for families to live Jesus’ teaching, Love One Another, to create families that follow the Bible and practice love and forgiveness.